IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT THE 3.6.1 UPDATE PROCESS
What's in 3.6.1?
Version 3.6.1 also addresses several issues:
- Fixes a bug resulting from a backwards compatibility break in PHP 7.0.9
- Fix for language redirects being cached in the browser
- Fix upgrades from Joomla! 2.5.28
- Fix SQLAzure database driver
- TinyMCE upgrade to 4.4.0.
Thanks to the hard work of 46 different volunteer contributors, more than 500 code commits, addressing nearly 150 issues, were made for the 3.6.1 release.
See the list of fixed GitHub issues for details of the tracker items fixed.
Security Issues Fixed
- Medium Priority - Core - CRSF More information »
- Low Priority - Core - ACL Violations More information »
- Low Priority - Core - XSS Vulnerability More information »
For known issues with the 3.6.1 release, see the Version 3.6.1 FAQ in the documentation site.
The Production Leadership Team's goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla! Community. Learn more about Joomla! development at the Joomla! Developer Network.
The Joomla! Project and the Production Leadership Team are proud to announce the release of Joomla! 3.6 as the latest in the 3.x series.
Joomla! 3.6 introduces more than 400 improvements, including many features which make administration of Joomla! Web sites easier and more feature-rich, as well as many UX (user experience) improvements.
Joomla! 3 is the latest major release of the Joomla! CMS, with 3.6 the seventh standard-term support release in this series. Please note that going from 3.5 to 3.6 is a one-click update and is not a migration. The same is true for any subsequent versions in the 3 series of the CMS.
What's new in Joomla! 3.6
Here are some highlights of the 3.6 release:
- Joomla! Update has been improved and now allows you to reinstall Joomla’s core files at the click of a button, overwriting any modified file(s) and reverting them back to the default.
- Joomla! 3.6 contains a lot of UX improvements. Now you can find your modules faster, have tasks done by dropdown, improved user management and so much more...
- With the new Sub Form Field function in Joomla! 3.6, we added some extra additional functionality next to Repeatable fields. Now you can nest XML forms inside each other or reuse your existing forms inside your current form.
- Create categories on the fly: It can get frustrating when you create a new item, and you realise that you haven’t created a category yet. Joomla! 3.6 now lets you create a category on the fly for articles, contacts, newsfeeds and banners.
- Menu type ACL: ACL in the backend did not exist at the menu level, now we have improved that. Give or block certain user groups access to a specific menu, and therefore also all menu items of that menu.
- See what's in your menus with All Menu Items: The new option to show all items from all menus gives you a quick overview of what is displayed where on your website. It has never been easier to spot duplicated links, missing menu items or just get an overview of every menu on your site.
- And much more... To have a full list of the 3.6 features, please visit our GitHub Repository.
The Joomla! Project is pleased to announce the availability of Joomla! CMS 3.6 Release Candidate 2. Community members are asked to download and install the package in order to provide quality assurance for the forthcoming 3.6 release.
Joomla! 3 is the latest major release of the Joomla! CMS, with 3.6 the seventh standard-term support release in this series. Please note that going from 3.5 to 3.6 is a one-click upgrade and is NOT a migration. The same is true is for any subsequent versions in the 3 series of the CMS. That being said, please do not upgrade any of your production sites to the release candidate version as release candidate is ONLY intended for testing and there is no upgrade path from a Release Candidate.