Joomla! is one of world's most popular software packages used to build, organise, manage and publish content for websites, blogs, intranets and mobile applications.
With more than 3 percent of the Web running on Joomla! and a CMS market share of more than 9 percent, Joomla! powers the web presence of millions of small businesses, governments, non-profits and large organisations worldwide.
Here are some of the Joomla! features you will love.
- Multilingual: Offering over 70 languages.
- Search Engine Optimisation: Out of the box SEO & SEF.
- Flexible: Make a blog, business website, intranet, community website… From the simplest to the most complex website.
- Free forever: Joomla! is free to use under GPL.
- Extendable: Over 7,500 extensions are available to extend your website and broaden its functionality.
- User Management (ACL): ACL stands for Access Control List, it allows you to manage the users of your site, and different groups.
- Menu management: Create as many menus and menu items as you need.
- Cache management: Speed up your website with caching.
Awesome design features
- Template override: Achieve superior custom designs.
- Jlayouts: Allows you to render HTML from objects/arrays of data.
- Template assignment : Assign specific templates to specific pages.
- Responsive : Joomla! uses Bootstrap for perfect responsive designs.
- Do more with Less: Joomla! features LESS CSS.
- Template frameworks: Use external template frameworks or template clubs.
- Create your own: You’re able to create your own template. The only limit is your imagination.
Content editing & publishing made easy
- Publishing tools: Choose when articles are published.
- WYSIWYG editor: Edit content without any knowledge of code.
- Content versioning: You will never again lose a previous important version of your article and other changes on your site.
- Article management: Add, manage and organize your articles.
- Frontend editing: Edit your content while browsing your site.
- Editor buttons: Add extra functions to your content in 1 click.
- Drag & Drop image: Adding an image is as easy as dragging and dropping it from your computer directly into the content. This works anywhere that you are using the default TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor.
- Media manager: A tool to upload and maintain images and other files.
- Categories: Be able to create categories with nesting and no limits on depth.
Great Core functionalities
- Redirect: Easily redirect URLs when needed.
- Banners: Monetise your website by adding banners or ads.
- Contacts: Add several contacts, departments and contact forms.
- Tags: When categorisation is not enough to structure your content.
- Syndication: Create a RSS feed from your content.
- News feed: Show an external news feed on your website.
- Custom fields : 15 different field types to add to articles, users, and contacts.
- Search: Visitors will be able to quickly and easily find the appropriate information.
- Messaging: Sent messages in between administrators.
CMS Management made easy
Global and professional support
- Extended documentation: A complete wiki about Joomla!
- Integrated help system: Joomla! has an in-app contextual help system.
- Helpful forum: Our worldwide community of world class developers and business consultants actively help at no cost.
- Professional service providers: Who can help build & maintain your Joomla! project.
Take Joomla! to the next level as developer
- Extended developer documentation: All you need to know to start extending Joomla!
- Microdata library implementation : Incorporate microdata more easily into your extensions and sites.
- PHP 7 support : We prefer PHP 7 to run on.
- Secure Coding guidelines : Best practice for coding in Joomla!
- MVC : Joomla makes extensive use of the Model-View-Controller design pattern.
- Extend further with the Framework : Create both web and command line applications.
- Routing system: New and more flexible interface to handle creating and processing URLs.