Start and Grow your business with Joomla!
Joomla! is one of world's most popular software packages. It is used to build, organise, manage and publish content for small businesses, governments, non-profits and large organisations worldwide. Joomla is supported by a large ecosystem and powers:
- Nearly 2 Millions active websites
- Over 9% of all known business websites
- Over 6% of the CMS Market World wide
- Over 3% of the entire Web!
Joomla offers a great opportunity to grow your business building websites and applications. The rock solid code base and large global community will help you get up to speed fast. Whether you are looking to build websites or develop applications, develop templates or extensions or something completely new based on our framework, with Joomla, the possibilities are endless, start using Joomla today!
7 reasons why Joomla! is the perfect platform for your online projects.
- Joomla has thousands of verified third party extensions which can be easily found on the Joomla Extensions Directory - extensions.joomla.org.
- There are also thousands of high quality templates available, a great number of which are free. Paid templates are also available and come with world class support. Many templates provide a graphical user interface (GUI) which allow you to change colours, fonts, layouts and features without touching a line of code!
- The layout and overrides system and built in extendable functions make it easy to create customised solutions including:
- Custom Layouts
- Language overrides
- Template overrides
- Custom CSS
- ... and much more.
- A wealth of free documentation and video training make learning Joomla a breeze make sure to visit:
- Joomla has powerful SEO tools built and ready right out of the box
- Metadata and Keywords
- Mod_rewrite support for SEF URLs
- Menu creation built with the thought of creating clear and consistent sitemaps
- Every time you create an article or a menu item, it automatically creates an alias for its default PHP string so that the links to particular pages are both user and search engine friendly.
- Each menu item can have its own meta description, keywords and robots settings, allowing you to customize the SEO settings for your content to give optimal availability and searchability. These features allow you to make the most important parts of your content shine out among other similar websites, giving you the technical edge.
- Joomla is created, maintained and supported by a unique volunteer community who believe that it should be freely available to everyone, always.
- Joomla is also surrounded by an extensive ecosystem of extension developers, designers, integrators, copywriters, support personnel, system/server administrators, people from all walks of IT life, who believe passionately in Free Forever Open Source Solutions.
- You get the benefit of thousands of hours of development time and expertise from programmers around the world free for you to use. Being free and open source also means that if you need to change webmasters, many others are available without having to rebuild your site!
With a codebase designed to be robust, Joomla also features built in two-factor authentication and extensive access control levels out of the box. Joomla‘s dedicated Security Strike Team always strives to be ahead of the curve and has a reputation for releasing patches before exploits are widely known in the wild.
Joomla‘s stable core and extensibility allows your website or application to keep pace as your business unfolds from a budding idea to a fully fledged Fortune 500. Scale and add new features with fast turnarounds and without headaches.
Joomla is the go to CMS if you need a good platform to adapt to complex needs. With the integrated ACL (Access Control List), you can define granular access rights for different types of user. Your site can be multilingual out of the box thanks to translation packs. Through the documented API and strong code base, you can produce quality solutions, that last and are extendible in the future. Through modern techniques and minimum requirements like PHP 7.x (required as of Joomla 4) you can expect a stable development environment. Through Overrides, it’s possible to manipulate the output easily without core hacks meaning your updates will go smoothly.
Joomla is not only a CMS, but also a stable and lightweight PHP framework which allows you to write web and command line applications in PHP. The Joomla Framework is easy to adapt and extend according to your needs. The CMS and framework are independent from each other, no need to install the CMS to use the framework! A great example of what you can achieve with the Joomla Framework is our issue tracker.
Joomla's Core Features
Here are some of the Joomla! features you will love.
- Multilingual: Offering over 70 languages.
- Search Engine Optimisation: Out of the box SEO & SEF.
- Flexible: Make a blog, business website, intranet, community website… From the simplest to the most complex website.
- Free forever: Joomla! is free to use under GPL.
- Extendable: Over 8,000 extensions are available to extend your website and broaden its functionality.
- User Management (ACL): ACL stands for Access Control List, it allows you to manage the users of your site, and different groups.
- Menu management: Create as many menus and menu items as you need.
- Cache management: Speed up your website with caching.
- Template override: Achieve superior custom designs.
- Jlayouts: Allows you to render HTML from objects/arrays of data.
- Template assignment : Assign specific templates to specific pages.
- Responsive : Joomla! uses Bootstrap for perfect responsive designs.
- Do more with Less: Joomla! features LESS CSS.
- Template frameworks: Use external template frameworks or template clubs.
- Create your own: You’re able to create your own template. The only limit is your imagination.
- Publishing tools: Choose when articles are published.
- WYSIWYG editor: Edit content without any knowledge of code.
- Content versioning: You will never again lose a previous important version of your article and other changes on your site.
- Article management: Add, manage and organize your articles.
- Frontend editing: Edit your content while browsing your site.
- Editor buttons: Add extra functions to your content in 1 click.
- Drag & Drop image: Adding an image is as easy as dragging and dropping it from your computer directly into the content. This works anywhere that you are using the default TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor.
- Media manager: A tool to upload and maintain images and other files.
- Categories: Be able to create categories with nesting and no limits on depth.
- Redirect: Easily redirect URLs when needed.
- Banners: Monetise your website by adding banners or ads.
- Contacts: Add several contacts, departments and contact forms.
- Tags: When categorisation is not enough to structure your content.
- Syndication: Create a RSS feed from your content.
- News feed: Show an external news feed on your website.
- Custom fields : 15 different field types to add to articles, users, and contacts.
- Search: Visitors will be able to quickly and easily find the appropriate information.
- Messaging: Sent messages in between administrators.
- Extended documentation: A complete wiki about Joomla!
- Integrated help system: Joomla! has an in-app contextual help system.
- Helpful forum: Our worldwide community of world class developers and business consultants actively help at no cost.
- Professional service providers: Who can help build & maintain your Joomla! project.
- Extended developer documentation: All you need to know to start extending Joomla!
- Microdata library implementation : Incorporate microdata more easily into your extensions and sites.
- PHP 7 support : We prefer PHP 7 to run on.
- Secure Coding guidelines : Best practice for coding in Joomla!
- MVC : Joomla makes extensive use of the Model-View-Controller design pattern.
- Extend further with the Framework : Create both web and command line applications.
- Routing system: New and more flexible interface to handle creating and processing URLs.