Table of Contents
What information we collect, the purposes of collection and who we share it with
A “cookie” or a tracer is an electronic file deposited on your terminal (computer, tablet or smartphone) and read when browsing a website, reading an email, installing or using software or a mobile application. The Websites that we manage collect cookies. To learn more about what cookies we collect and how you may be able to stop such collection, please visit our Cookies Policy.
Analytics, Tag manager and reCAPTCHA
The Websites managed by us use the following Google products:
- Google Analytics
We use Analytics services from Google LLC. Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are stored on your computer, in order to help the website analyze how users use the site during their visit. The nature of these cookies is mainly for performance, as also for marketing. The collected data (information about your web preferences, ads based on what you visit or even your language) are analyzed and categorized in order to create a useful report about how this website is used and emphasize on its performance. These data are transmitted and stored on a server controlled by Google, located in the United States.
Google will use all this information, determined by the way you are using our website, in order to generate reports based on website’s activity for website operators and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage. Your IP address is anonymized before being sent to Google.
All user level and event data are being deleted from Google Analytics 14 months after the last visit in our website.
- Google Tag Manager (GTM)
Our Websites use Google LLC's reCAPTCHA service to protect submissions and prevent spam on the site. It checks if you are a person to prevent certain features of the website from being abused by spam bots.
By filling out the forms using this plugin, you consent to sending your IP address and possibly other data required by Google for the reCAPTCHA service. Your data will be communicated to Google and used by their services. However, your IP address will first be truncated by Google in EU Member States - or in other states that are part of the European Economic Area agreement. In exceptional cases, your full IP address will be transmitted to a Google server in the United States and then subsequently truncated. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of this service. The IP address provided to reCAPTCHA through your browser will not be merged with any other Google data.
We use the hCaptcha anti-bot service (hereinafter "hCaptcha") on our website. This service is provided by Intuition Machines, Inc., a Delaware US Corporation ("IMI"). hCaptcha is used to check whether the data entered on our website (such as on a login page or contact form) has been entered by a human or by an automated program. To do this, hCaptcha analyzes the behavior of the website or mobile app visitor based on various characteristics. This analysis starts automatically as soon as the website or mobile app visitor enters a part of the website or app with hCaptcha enabled. For the analysis, hCaptcha evaluates various information (e.g. IP address, how long the visitor has been on the website or app, or mouse movements made by the user). The data collected during the analysis will be forwarded to IMI.
Sale of personal information
Information retention period
We retain your personal information for a period of 36 months. This period may be shorter if you ask us to delete your personal information and we grant your request.
We do not use your information for direct marketing.
Profiling and automated decision-making
We do not use your information for profiling, nor for automated decision-making.
Third party websites
This Website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties (not by us), including but not limited to:
- Launch.joomla.org; and
Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy or other practices of such websites. It is up to you to read and fully understand their Privacy Policies. Our inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators.
- The right to access your information. You have a right to access any information that we may have collected on you. You can request copies of information that we have on you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format;
- The right to information transmission. You have the right to ask us to transmit your personally identifiable information that we have collected on you, to another provider (where technically feasible);
- The right to rectification of information. You have the right to request that we amend any of the information that we have collected on you;
- You have a right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data;
- You have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your data;
- You have the right to request that we delete all or some of the personal information that we have collected on you;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our collection, sharing and processing of data with competent authorities in the proper jurisdiction.
You may opt out of us collecting your personal information at any time by:
- Not inputting your information into any of the Websites;
- Clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email newsletter; or
Location of data processing
The Joomla properties are hosted on servers located in the United States of the following companies and locations:
- Rochen Limited whose registered office is located at 11 Dudhope Terrace, Dundee, DD3 6TS United Kingdom, registered under number SC242971 - https://www.rochen.com
- The Joomla Content Delivery Network (CDN) is provided by:
MaxCDN / StackPath LLC, whose registered office is located at 2021 McKinney Ave. - Suite 1100 - Dallas, TX 75201, United States.
No personal data are transferred to StackPath or through the CDN.
- The Joomla Email accounts (joomla.org, community.joomla.org, opensourcematters.org, conference.joomla.org) as well as any other services provided as part of G Suite subscription are provided through servers located in the United States by: Google LLC, whose offices are located at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway - Mountain View, CA - United States. A copy of the Data Processing Addendum (DPA) between Open Source Matters and Google LLC related to GSuite is available here: https://gsuite.google.com/terms/dpa_terms.html
EU Model Clauses for GSuite between Open Source Matters, Inc. and Google LLC are available here: https://admin.google.com/terms/apps/1/5/en/mcc_terms.html
- The backups of all joomla.org properties (websites) are stored at Amazon Web Services. All backup files are hosted in EU located AWS buckets.
Transferring of data
We do not plan to transfer your data other than set forth above.
Contact us and our Data Protection Officer