This web site is one of the family of web sites of the Joomla Project.
Our postal address is:
Open Source Matters
PO Box 4668 #88354
New York, New York 10163-4668
Our legal address is:
Open Source Matters
c/o Software Freedom Law Center
1995 Broadway, FL 17
New York, NY 10023-5882
The Joomla! Project and the legal entity Open Source Matters maintain a number of websites, including the joomla.org domain and subdomains, joomlacode.org and opensourcematters.org. We are committed to maintaining your privacy as you use these sites. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
On all of our sites, we use non-personally identifiable and aggregate information to better design our sites. On all of our sites at which we collect personally identifiable information through the site registration process you can correct or modify that information by editing your user profile. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
Privacy on specific Joomla! sites
On some sites, including extensions.joomla.org, forum.joomla.org, docs.joomla.org, resources.joomla.org, volunteers.joomla.org, magazine.joomla.org, community.joomla.org, certification.joomla.org and showcase.joomla.org you will be asked to provide an email address when registering for an account.
- If you register at forum.joomla.org you can choose whether to allow other forum members to contact you by email or private messaging and the type of personal information that is available using your user profile. You can also opt to subscribe to specific forums or threads which means your email address will be used to send information when new posts are made. All emails from the forum site include a link that allows you to opt out from continued subscription to that thread or forum. Forum administrators may use your email address to contact you if necessary.
Your IP address may be used to identify duplicate user accounts (which are forbidden under the forum rules).
Cookies are used to store visitors' preferences and record past activity at a site in order to provide better service when visitors return to our site, such as indicating which threads you have read. You may modify your information and preferences by editing your user profile.
- If you register extensions at extensions.joomla.org, or as a provider at resources.joomla.org, you agree to separate terms of service that allows us to contact you in reference to your account.
- If you register as a user at extensions.joomla.org your IP address may be used to identify possible abuse of the reviewing and rating system.
- Should you choose to edit or create wiki pages at docs.joomla.org your identity is recorded and your username is viewable by those who look at the history of the pages you have worked on. Your IP address may be used to identify possible abuse and may be blocked if abuse is detected. On docs.joomla.org you can choose to allow other users to send you email. This feature can be disabled in your user profile. Wiki administrators may still use your email address to contact you if necessary. Your email address is not revealed when sending or receiving messages in this way.
- When registering at volunteers.joomla.org, you will be asked to provide your postal address as it is a legal requirement for our register of members. The project may also from time to time use your address to send you promotional materials, should you not wish to receive these items, you can elect to provide the Secretary of Open Source Matters with your postal address via email and simply indicate “Secretary Only” in the field.
- When registering on the Volunteers’ Portal, you agree to receive notifications from the Portal via email. As this is an essential part of the function of the portal this is mandatory for all users.
- When you are registered on the Volunteers’ Portal, we may from time to time share your Name and Email and Country with third-party providers. We will notify you before sharing your data with a new provider and will always offer an opt out mechanism for each provider.
- On any of the sites with commenting features your name, email address, and IP address will be recorded when you make a comment. This information will not be published or shared with any third parties.
- If you opt-in to our newsletters, you’re giving permissions to the Joomla Project to store your name and email address.
Sharing of information with third parties
With the exception of the issues discussed in this paragraph we do not share your information with third parties. On some sites, we use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Webites. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or phone number) about your visits to this and other Websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Your information may be disclosed when we are legally required to by a US court order, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our website and applicable laws, or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. None of of our websites are structured specifically to attract anyone under 13. However, we recognize that there are Joomla! users and developers under age 13 who may register at one or more of our sites. The privacy policies that apply to all site users also apply to those users under 13.
From time to time, we may use user information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the policy changes to our Website to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our Web site periodically.
Questions or comments