Joomla! 3.4.5 is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses a critical security vulnerability. We strongly recommend that you update your sites immediately. This release only contains the security fixes; no other changes have been made compared to the Joomla 3.4.4 release.
What's in 3.4.5
Version 3.4.5 is released to address three reported security vulnerabilities and includes additional security hardening of the UploadShield system.
Security Issues Fixed
- High Priority - Core - SQL Injection (affecting Joomla 3.2 through 3.4.4) More information »
- Medium Priority - Core - ACL Violations (affecting Joomla 3.2 through 3.4.4) More information »
- Medium Priority - Core - ACL Violations (affecting Joomla 3.0 through 3.4.4) More information »
Please see the documentation wiki for FAQ’s regarding the 3.4.5 release.
A Joomla 3.4.5 release containing a security fix will be published on Thursday 22nd October at approximately 14:00 UTC
The Joomla Security Strike Team (JSST) has been informed of a critical security issue in the Joomla core.
Since this is a very important security fix, please be prepared to update your Joomla installations next Thursday.
Until the release is out, please understand that we cannot provide any further information.
Joomla! 3.4.4 is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla This release fixes a low level security issue. We strongly encourage you update your sites.
What's in 3.4.4
Version 3.4.4 also addresses a few issues:
- Further en-GB language cleanup
- Fixes for MSSQL and PostgresSQL Joomla installations
- jQuery, HTML5Shiv and CodeMirror updates
- Finished implementing the Joomla codestyle rules
Thanks to the hard work of 36 different volunteer contributors more than 500 code commits, addressing over 245 issues, were made for the 3.4.4 release. See the list of fixed GitHub issues for details of the tracker items fixed.
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - XSS Vulnerability More information »
For known issues with the 3.4.4 release, see the Version 3.4.4 FAQ in the documentation site.
The Production Leadership Team's goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla community. Learn more about Joomla development at the Joomla Developer Network.