Make light work of data privacy requirements
Compliance just got uncomplicated
You can also set up a time-based privacy consent expiration. The system will let you know if and when you need to contact your users to renew consent.
Track user consents, manage site policy changes and much more besides, all with a glance at your dashboard.
User information requests? Easy-peasy.
Welcome to a new workflow
Track and manage information access or removal requests from your users, seamlessly. Once a request is made, just log in, export their data and/or remove them.
User data removal requests are handled automatically, with all personal data anonymized without you needing to lift a finger.
Never forget a request. Just set Joomla 3.9 to remind you.
Put your users in the picture when it comes to privacy…
With the new extension capabilities screen and API
Extension developer – give your potential users a helping hand, by making it clear what data your extension collects. When you want to report functionality in your extension that may need privacy consideration, simply use the new Plugin Event (onPrivacyCollectAdminCapabilities).
Know who’s done what, and when
Review, export and purge user action logs
Want to know what administrative actions have been performed on your site? Thanks to Joomla 3.9, Super Users can easily see which user did what, and when. And it also works with supported extensions! Review the action log, export it and purge the entries. You’ll never miss a trick, thanks to the latest actions module that can be added to your control panel.
Need more? Then enable the new log rotation plugin – this will allow you to rotate and remove your log files.
Go further with the JED extensions
Joomla's developers have got you covered
Need even more ways to stay compliant, without the headache? Want handy extensions such as Cookie Consent? Take a trip to the new Data Privacy extensions section on the Joomla Extensions Directory (you could say our developers have been busy!).
Wait! Joomla 3.9 is about more than just Privacy
Article management that hands you your time back
Little features that make a big difference when it comes to easy content management...
- You already add notes to your modules, categories and menu items to help you manage your site. And now you can do the same with your articles. On top of that, you can also filter your articles by notes.
- Searching for a specific content to edit? Joomla 3.9 saves the digging around. Simply enter content:mycontenthere in the search bar and the system finds it for you in milliseconds.
Contortionist-level flexibility for your Custom Fields
Joomla 3.9 ratchets up Custom Fields flexibility with two brand-new options...
- A repeatable custom field now allows you to have more than one value and more than one field type per custom field.
- Thanks to the support of our layout system, you can now create alternative layouts – for Custom Fields that work the way you do.
Two new options. One enriched frontend
Your users will LOVE our two most recent frontend changes...
- A fresh way to use the Newsflash Module! Want to display your Intro or Full article images in your module? Now you can do either, all by just changing a setting.
- A couple of brand new filters for even more homepage versatility! The latest articles module allows you to show only articles from a specific author, while the articles category module lets you display your tags, group your articles by tags, and display them by date field.