The Joomla! Project announces the immediate availability of Joomla 1.5.13 [Wojmamni ama baji]. This is a security release and users are strongly encouraged to upgrade immediately.
This release contains 26 bug fixes, one high-level security fix and one moderate-level security fix. It has been 3 weeks since Joomla 1.5.12 was released on July 1, 2009. The Development Working Group's goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla community.
Please note that you should always backup your site before upgrading.
Check the Joomla 1.5.13 Post-Release Notes to see if there are important items and helpful hints discovered after the release.
If you have modified core template overrides, please be sure to back them up before upgrading.
One high-level and one moderate-level security issues were fixed in this release:
- High Priority: Core - File upload. More information »
- Moderate Priority: Core -XSS. More information »
For additional information, visit the Joomla Security Center.
- Edit icon now appears in correct location (16726)
- "usertype" column is now saved correctly in the database during front-end account creation (16073)
- No modules issues were fixed for this release
- Typographical error fixed in PHPdoc comment (15548)
- TinyMCE editor now works when using compressed mode (17058)
- Media Manager now shows correct message after a successful upload (17053)
- Image button can be used by users who don't have upload permission (17101)
- No legacy issues were fixed for this release
- No template issues were fixed for this release
- Error message in Media Manager is now translated (17008)
- No administrator issues were fixed for this release
- No system issues were fixed for this release
Statistics for the 1.5.13 release period:
- Joomla 1.5.13 contains:
- 7 issues fixed in SVN
- 7 commits
- Tracker activity resulted in a net increase of 42 active issues:
- 68 new reports
- 19 closed
- 7 fixed in SVN
- At the time the 1.5.13 release was packaged, the tracker had 188 active issues:
- 89 open
- 68 confirmed
- 31 pending
Joomla! Bug Squad
Thanks to the Joomla Bug Squad for their dedicated efforts investigating reports, fixing problems, and applying patches to Joomla. If you find a bug with Joomla, please report it on the 1.5 Bug Tracker.
Active members of the Joomla Bug Squad during this last release cycle include: Ian MacLennan and Mark Dexter co-coordinators; Airton Torres, Amy Stephen, Dennis Hermacki, Elin Waring, Ercan Ozkaya, Flavia Tarzwell, Gergő Erdősi, Hannes Papenberg, Jennifer Nodwell, Joe Palmer, Kevin Devine, Klas Berlič, Marieke van der Tuin, Marijke Stuivenberg, Marius van Rijnsoever, Mark Smeed, Mati Kochen, Ole Bang Ottosen, Pete Nurse, Rajesh Dhanusu, Samuel Moffatt, and Shantanu Bala.
A warm welcome to the newest members of the Joomla Bug Squad: Christophe Demko, Jean-Marie Simonet, and Andrew Rose.