The Joomla Project is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Joomla 1.5.8 [Wohnaiki]. This release contains a number of bug fixes and two moderate-level security fixes. It has been around two months since Joomla 1.5.7 was released on September 9, 2008. The Development Working Group's goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla community.
Click here to download Joomla 1.5.8 (Full package) »
Click here to find an update package. »
Want to test drive Joomla? Try the online demo. Documentation is available for beginners.
Check the Joomla 1.5.8 Post-Release Notes to see if there are important items and helpful hints discovered after the release.
View past release notes for Joomla 1.5.7 or release notes for Joomla 1.5.6.
- Two moderate-level security issues were fixed in this release:
- Articles: Remove brackets around Last Updated date and time, Start Publishing date corrections for other than UTC 00:00, hit counts correct for Articles, adding a space after a cloaked email address
- E-mail addresses: Correctly cloaked when presented in Section and Category descriptions
- Categories: Edit icon correctly shows for Articles without Title links, Print icon correct now on first page for Blog Layout
Sections: Plural and singular form correction, Category link properly ended, Router changes reverted to version 1.5.6 so Article ID does not append to the Article slug
- Frontpage: Article assignment correction, corrected number of Links
- Contacts: Image display correction when Image Directory is configured
- RSS Feed: Corrected spelling of Category in Category feed
- User: Added isInternal checking on referrer values
- Weblinks: Language strings
Feed: Target attribute validation, language string correction
- Login: ItemID is preserved on redirect
- Menu: Changing Menu Link Type now functions properly, Section Language string, Article Reset button working
- Related Items: Keyword matching functions correctly and filters characters appropriately
- Stats: Corrected Time
- Sections: No authorization parameter works correctly
- Search: Form validates correctly for Transitional xHTML
- Return statement added for Legacy Menu Check
- Beez: Lengthened E-mail Content Popup, Search button now works when pressed, password reset works correctly, corrections to Beez HTML folders, User details page corrected
- JA_Purity: Added missing language strings
- Console: Added "Welcome to Joomla!" information and Joomla Security RSS feeds to Administrator Console
- Installation: Proper deletion of component directories, default entries for Templates and Languages are now correct for uninstall
- Media Manager: Changed default for new sites to disable Flash multi-file uploader due to incompatibility with Flash 10
- Installation: Remove confusing error message about language files for extension installations, Administrator Modules now correctly uninstall INI files
- Sample data: Updated news feeds to point to free software community sites, extensive corrections and updates to sample content
- API: JFolder::files and JFolder::folders corrections for Search, missing Method added to JRecordSet, Database Class correctly quotes names not using dot notation, JTableUser matches using the correct number of fields
- Cache: Correct undefined variable in Cache Class
- Language file: Corrected wording, correct installation of PDF fonts independent of language choices, several language string corrections in en-GB.ini
- Menu: Performance improvements for sites with many menu items
- Users: Temporary Users are now able to logout, secure protocol can now be used when editing account details
- Added PHP 4 compatibility for isInternal checking
Statistics for the 1.5.8 release period:
- Joomla 1.5.8 contains:
- 71 issues fixed in SVN
- 26 commits
- Tracker activity resulted in a net decrease of 4 active issues:
- 65 new reports
- 130 closed
- 66 fixed in SVN
- At the time the 1.5.8 release was packaged, the tracker had 114 active issues:
- 44 open
- 44 confirmed
- 24 pending
Joomla! Bug Squad
Thanks to the Joomla Bug Squad for their dedicated efforts investigating reports, fixing problems, and applying patches to Joomla. If you find a bug with Joomla, find out more information here on how to report the bug.
Active members of the Joomla Bug Squad during this last release cycle include: Ian MacLennan and Mark Dexter co-leads; Airton Torres, Arno Zijlstra, Akarawuth Tamrareang, Alan Langford, Anthony Ferrara, Amy Stephen, Andrew Eddie, Elin Waring, Ercan Ozkaya, Charl van Niekerk, Gergo Erdosi, Hannes Papenberg, Jennifer Marriott, Jens-Christian Skibakk, Jonah Braun, Joseph LeBlanc, Kevin Devine, Marijke Stuivenberg, Mati Kochen, Mickael Maison, Robin Muilwijk, Samuel Moffatt, Shantanu Bala, Toby Patterson, and Wilco Jansen.
A warm welcome to the newest members of the Joomla Bug Squad: Dan Walker, Eduardo Diaz, and Tibor Toth.