Joomla 3.9.23 is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 7 security vulnerabilities and contains more than 35 bug fixes and improvements.
What's in 3.9.23?
Joomla 3.9.23 includes 7 security vulnerability fixes and addresses several bugs, including:
Security Issues Fixed
-  Low Priority - Moderate Impact - com_finder ignores access levels on autosuggest (affecting Joomla! 2.5.0 through 3.9.22) More information »
-  Low Priority - Moderate Impact - Disclosure of secrets in Global Configuration page (affecting Joomla! 2.5.0 through 3.9.22) More information »
-  Low Priority - Moderate Impact - Path traversal in mod_random_image (affecting Joomla! 2.5.0 through 3.9.22) More information »
-  Low Priority - High Impact - SQL injection in com_users list view (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.9.22) More information »
-  Low Priority - Low Impact - User Enumeration in backend login (affecting Joomla! 3.9.0 through 3.9.22) More information »
-  Low Priority - Low Impact - CSRF in com_privacy emailexport feature (affecting Joomla! 3.9.0 through 3.9.22) More information »
-  Low Priority - High Impact - Write ACL violation in multiple core views (affecting Joomla! 1.7.0 through 3.9.22) More information »
Bug fixes and Improvements
In order to get Joomla ready for PHP 8 (to be released on November 26th, 2020), Joomla 3.9.23 includes fixes to ensure PHP 8 compatibility (see #31246, #30608, #30582, #29353, #30922, #31444, #31434, #31442, #31445).
- TinyMCE updated #30329
- Fix for frontend module editing permissions #30778
- Fix for the lost of transparency when cropping/resizing images #30977
- Validation rule added for the redirect header field #31016
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
New InstallationsDownload Joomla 3.9.23
English (UK), 3.9.23 Full Package
Upgrade PackagesUpgrade Packages
Joomla 3 upgrade packages
Note: Please read the update instructions before updating.
Remember… Please clear your browser's cache after updating.
Found a bug? Report it on the Joomla Issue Tracker.
Questions? See the documentation wiki for FAQ’s regarding the 3.9.23 release.
A Huge Thank You to Our Volunteers!
A big thank you goes out to everyone that contributed to the 3.9 releases!
Make the next Joomla release even better
Download the upcoming releases from the nightly build page (for testing purposes only - do not use on production sites).
Want an even easier option? Get yourself over to launch.joomla.org - where you can also test Joomla 4.0 with just one click - no testing environment needed, nothing to install or set up (at all).
- Turkish: Joomla! 3.9.23 Yayınlandı
- Greek: Joomla 3.9.23 - Ασφάλεια και Βελτιώσεις
- Russian: Вышел релиз безопасности Joomla 3.9.23
- Spanish: Joomla 3.9.23 ya está disponible
- Dutch: Joomla 3.9.23 is nu beschikbaar
- French: Joomla 3.9.23 est disponible
- German: Joomla 3.9.23 Release
- Italian: Disponibile aggiornamento sicurezza Joomla 3.9.23