Joomla 3.9.7 is now available. This is a security fix release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses three security vulnerabilities and contains over 40 bug fixes and improvements.
What's in 3.9.7?
Joomla 3.9.7 includes three security vulnerability fixes and several bugs and improvements, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - CSV injection in com_actionlogs (affecting Joomla 3.9.0 through 3.9.6) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - XSS in subform field (affecting Joomla 3.6.0 through 3.9.6) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - ACL hardening of com_joomlaupdate (affecting Joomla 3.8.13 through 3.9.6) More information »
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Batch system: Copy permissions of modules #24737 and categories #24730
- Progessive cache improvements #20310
- Fix to avoid duplicated custom fields in com_content #24516
- RTL improvements #23107 #24722
- Removal of the unofficial French Help Server #24927
- TinyMCE improvements: #24978 #25037
- RSS: Fix to display the right category #24932
- Media Manager: Fix directory traversal for symlinked folders #24924
- User registration: Correct http schema used #24089
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
New InstallationsDownload Joomla 3.9.7
English (UK), 3.9.7 Full Package
Upgrade PackagesUpgrade Packages
Joomla 3 upgrade packages
Note: Please read the update instructions before updating.
Remember… Please clear your browser's cache after updating.
Found a bug? Report it on the Joomla Issue Tracker.
Questions? See the documentation wiki for FAQ’s regarding the 3.9.7 release.
A Huge Thank You to Our Volunteers!
A big thank you goes out to everyone that contributed to the 3.9 releases!
Make the next Joomla release even better
Joomla 3.10 and 4.0 are coming along nicely. Got a bright idea about how we can make Joomla even better? We are calling all devs to make a difference and share your ideas on improving the CMS.
Find out more about these releases over on GitHub:
- Joomla 3.10 milestone: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/milestone/34
- Joomla 4.0 milestone: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/milestone/5
- Joomla 4.0 backend template: joom.la/admintemplate (we advise you to use its release branch).
Download these upcoming releases from the nightly build page (for testing purposes only - do not use on production sites).
Want an even easier option? Get yourself over to launch.joomla.org - where you can test Joomla 4.0 with just one click - no testing environment needed, nothing to install or set up (at all).
Join the Joomla Force
From eagle-eyed testers to talented translators, Joomla grows and evolves only because of our valiant teams of volunteers.
Here’s how you can help…
- Become a tester - No special skills needed – but you will need to be able to install test releases and follow reporting instructions
- Help us translate - Speak English and another language? Help us talk to the world!
- Document new features - Consider yourself a natural teacher? These roles are for those who can write tutorials and technical documentation
- Joomla 3.9 Help Screens - Any user can help to update and/or translating the Help Screens – these are all accessible from the Joomla backend
- Other areas - There are plenty of other volunteer spots - find one that fits with your skills and interests
There’s a lot going on at the Joomla Project. Keep up with us by subscribing to the Joomla Newsletter - and if you’re a dev, remember to sign up for our Developer Newsletter too.
Spread the Joomla Love
What has Joomla done for you? Has it helped you work better, faster, smarter? Has it saved you big bucks or provided the tools you need to launch yourself into the vast online world? Tell everyone about it and inspire others to do exactly what you’ve done, with the help of Joomla!
Share our hot-off-the-press news!
Take a trip to the Joomla 3.9 Landing Page - which is available in 30 languages (thanks, volunteer translators!). Here you’ll discover an overview of the spanking-new features.
Enjoy and share the Joomla 3.9 official video, available in many languages: https://joom.la/39videos
Need images or banners for your blog posts, website or for sharing on social? Download whatever you need from our packed-to-the-rafters Joomla 3.9 Imagery page. And if you want to translate them, you can find the source files here.
We’d love for you to spread the Joomla love by telling the world about our work.
Are you a journalist, blogger or evangelist?
- French: Joomla 3.9.7 est disponible
- German: Joomla 3.9.7 Release
- Greek: Joomla 3.9.7 - Θέματα Ασφάλειας και Βελτιώσεις
- Italian: Disponibile aggiornamento sicurezza Joomla 3.9.7
- Spanish: Joomla 3.9.7 ya está disponible
Edited on June 11th, 2019