Joomla 3.9.3 is now available. This is a security fix release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 6 security vulnerabilities and contains 30 bug fixes and improvements.
What's in 3.9.3?
Joomla 3.9.3 includes 6 security vulnerabilities fixes and several bugs and improvements, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - Lack of URL filtering in various core components (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.2) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - Browserside mime-type sniffing causes XSS attack vectors (affecting Joomla 1.0.0 through 3.9.2) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - Additional warning in the Global Configuration textfilter settings (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.2) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - Stored XSS issue in the Global Configuration help url #2 (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.2) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - XSS Issue in core.js writeDynaList (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.2) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - Implement the TYPO3 PHAR stream wrapper (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.2) More information »
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Prevent renaming/deleting the template index.php file #23654
- Smart Search improvement #23736
- Contacts banned fields removed #23585
- Improvement of the Integration tab display #23711
- Fix the category filter for featured articles #23454
- Fix for the Template Style field in the menu manager #23556
- Breadcrumbs for tags #23599
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
New InstallationsDownload Joomla 3.9.3
English (UK), 3.9.3 Full Package
Upgrade PackagesUpgrade Packages
Joomla 3 upgrade packages
Note: Please read the update instructions before updating.
Remember… Please clear your browser's cache after updating.
Found a bug? Report it on the Joomla Issue Tracker.
Questions? See the documentation wiki for FAQ’s regarding the 3.9.3 release.
A Huge Thank You to Our Volunteers!
A big thank you goes out to everyone that contributed to the 3.9 releases!
Make the next Joomla release even better
Joomla 3.10 and 4.0 are coming along nicely. Got a bright idea about how we can make Joomla even better? We are calling all devs to make a difference and share your ideas on improving the CMS.
Find out more about these releases over on GitHub:
- Joomla 3.10 milestone: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/milestone/34
- Joomla 4.0 milestone: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/milestone/5
Download these upcoming releases from the nightly build page (for testing purposes only - do not use on production sites).
Want an even easier option? Get yourself over to launch.joomla.org - where you can test Joomla 4.0 with just one click - no testing environment needed, nothing to install or set up (at all).
Join the Joomla! Force
From eagle-eyed testers to talented translators, Joomla grows and evolves only because of our valiant teams of volunteers.
Here’s how you can help…
- Become a tester - No special skills needed – but you will need to be able to install test releases and follow reporting instructions
- Help us translate - Speak English and another language? Help us talk to the world!
- Document new features - Consider yourself a natural teacher? These roles are for those who can write tutorials and technical documentation
- Joomla 3.9 Help Screens - Any user can help to update and/or translating the Help Screens – these are all accessible from the Joomla backend
- Other areas - There are plenty of other volunteer spots - find one that fits with your skills and interests
There’s a lot going on at the Joomla Project. Keep up with us by subscribing to the Joomla Newsletter - and if you’re a dev, remember to sign up for our Developer Newsletter too.
Spread the Joomla Love
What has Joomla done for you? Has it helped you work better, faster, smarter? Has it saved you big bucks or provided the tools you need to launch yourself into the vast online world? Tell everyone about it and inspire others to do exactly what you’ve done, with the help of Joomla!
Share our hot-off-the-press news!
Take a trip to the Joomla 3.9 Landing Page - which is available in 30 languages (thanks, volunteer translators!). Here you’ll discover an overview of the spanking-new features.
Enjoy and share the Joomla 3.9 official video, available in many languages: https://joom.la/39videos
Need images or banners for your blog posts, website or for sharing on social? Download whatever you need from our packed-to-the-rafters Joomla 3.9 Imagery page. And if you want to translate them, you can find the source files here.
We’d love for you to spread the Joomla love by telling the world about our work.
Are you a journalist, blogger or evangelist?
Our Joomla Marketing Team is on call for interviews and other content. Email the team at
- Dutch: Joomla 3.9.3 is nu beschikbaar
- French: Joomla 3.9.3 est disponible
- German: Joomla! 3.9.3 Release
- Greek: Joomla 3.9.3 - Ασφάλεια και Διορθώσεις Bugs
- Italian: Disponibile aggiornamento sicurezza Joomla 3.9.3
- Spanish: Joomla 3.9.3 ya está disponible