Joomla 3.9.2 is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 4 security vulnerabilities and contains over 50 bug fixes and improvements.
What's in 3.9.2?
Joomla 3.9.2 includes four security vulnerability fixes, and several bug fixes and improvements.
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - Stored XSS in mod_banners (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.1) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - Stored XSS in com_contact (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.1) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - Stored XSS issue in the Global Configuration textfilter settings (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.1) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - Stored XSS issue in the Global Configuration help url (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.1) More information »
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Fixes for states in com_finder (#23194), com_banners (#23193), com_messages (#23192), com_users notes (#23191)
- Removal of the Caching field in the languages (#23174), syndicate (#23166), random image (#23165), and login modules (#23152)
- Editors API extended #23224
- Menu Item Alias type: Redirection is optional #23278
- com_media: Normalisation of uploaded file names (#23259)
- Code cleanup and namespacing
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
New InstallationsDownload Joomla 3.9.2
English (UK), 3.9.2 Full Package
Upgrade PackagesUpgrade Packages
Joomla 3 upgrade packages
Note: Please read the update instructions before updating.
Remember… Please clear your browser's cache after updating.
Found a bug? Report it on the Joomla Issue Tracker.
Questions? See the documentation wiki for FAQ’s regarding the 3.9.2 release.
A Huge Thank You to Our Volunteers!
A big thank you goes out to everyone that contributed to the 3.9 releases!
As of 3.9.3, Harald Leithner will be the 3.9 Release Lead. The Joomla Project would like to thank Michael Babker for all his contributions to the CMS’ development.
Make the next Joomla release even better
Joomla 3.10 and 4.0 are coming along nicely. Got a bright idea about how we can make Joomla even better? We are calling all devs to make a difference and share your ideas on improving the CMS.
Find out more about these releases over on GitHub:
- Joomla 3.10 milestone: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/milestone/34
- Joomla 4.0 milestone: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/milestone/5
Download these upcoming releases from the nightly build page (for testing purposes only - do not use on production sites).
Want an even easier option? Get yourself over to launch.joomla.org - where you can test Joomla 4.0 with just one click - no testing environment needed, nothing to install or set up (at all).
Join the Joomla! Force
From eagle-eyed testers to talented translators, Joomla grows and evolves only because of our valiant teams of volunteers.
Here’s how you could help…
- Become a tester - No special skills needed – but you will need to be able to install test releases and follow reporting instructions
- Help us translate - Speak English and another language? Help us talk to the world!
- Document new features - Consider yourself a natural teacher? These roles are for those who can write tutorials and technical documentation
- Joomla 3.9 Help Screens - Any user can help to update and/or translating the Help Screens – these are all accessible from the Joomla backend
- Other areas - There are plenty of other volunteer spots - find one that fits with your skills and interests
Spread the Joomla Love
What has Joomla done for you? Has it helped you work better, faster, smarter? Has it saved you big bucks or provided the tools you need to launch yourself into the vast online world? Tell everyone about it and inspire others to do exactly what you’ve done, with the help of Joomla!
Share our hot-off-the-press news!
Take a trip to the Joomla 3.9 Landing Page - which is available in 30 languages (thanks, volunteer translators!). Here you’ll discover an overview of the spanking-new features.
Enjoy and share the Joomla 3.9 official video, available in many languages: https://joom.la/39videos
Need images or banners for your blog posts, website or for sharing on social? Download whatever you need from our packed-to-the-rafters Joomla 3.9 Imagery page. And if you want to translate them, you can find the source files here.
We’d love for you to spread the Joomla love by telling the world about our work.
Are you a journalist, blogger or evangelist?
- Dutch: Joomla 3.9.2 is nu beschikbaar
- French: Joomla 3.9.2 est disponible
- German: Joomla 3.9.2 Release
- Italian: Disponibile aggiornamento sicurezza - Joomla 3.9.2
- Spanish: Joomla 3.9.2 ya está disponible