Joomla 3.8.12 is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 3 security vulnerabilities and contains over 20 bug fixes and improvements.
What's in 3.8.12?
Joomla 3.8.12 includes three security vulnerability fixes, several bug fixes and improvements:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - Hardening the InputFilter for phar stubs (affecting Joomla 1.5.0 through 3.8.11) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - Stored XSS vulnerability in the frontend profile (affecting Joomla 1.5.0 through 3.8.11) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - ACL Violation in custom fields (affecting Joomla 3.7.0 through 3.8.11) More information »
Bug fixes and Improvements
- mod_articles_latest and mod_articles_news: fix to show featured articles #21336
- Tags in com_content: fix to display tags when other item info are set to hidden #21275
- com_tags: All Tags default layout #21031
- Allows filtering by the archived state in the redirect component #21673
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
New InstallationsDownload Joomla 3.8.12
English (UK), 3.8.12 Full Package
Upgrade PackagesUpgrade Packages
Joomla 3 upgrade packages
Note: Please read the update instructions before updating.
Please remember to backup your site before updating and to clear your site, administrator and browser cache after updating.
If you find a bug in Joomla please report it on the Joomla! Issue Tracker.
Please see the documentation wiki for FAQs regarding the 3.8.12 release.
A Huge Thank You to Our Volunteers!
A big thank you goes out to everyone that contributed to the 3.8 releases!
Make the next Joomla release even better
Joomla 3.9, 3.10 and 4.0 are in the works. If you would like to help improve them you can make a direct difference! You can find more information about these releases on GitHub:
- Joomla 3.9 milestone: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/milestone/20 - Please read this article to get information on how to test it
- Joomla 3.10 milestone: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/milestone/34
- Joomla 4.0 milestone: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/milestone/5
We invite you to download these upcoming releases on the nightly build page (for testing purposes only - do not use on production sites).
Join the Joomla Volunteer Community and contribute your skills and time to help Joomla grow even more:
- Become a tester - no special skills required, but able to install test releases, and follow reporting instructions
- Help us translate - for those who speak English and any other language
- Document new features - for those who can write tutorials and technical documentation
- Other areas - find one that fits your skills and interests.
Stay updated on the latest project news and important announcements by subscribing to the Joomla Newsletter as well as the Developer Newsletter.
Spread the Joomla Love
Has Joomla helped you do your job better, saved you money, allowed you to do more with your website? You can help others experience the same results and find out about this great Open Source Content Management System by telling others.
Are you a journalist, blogger or evangelist?