Joomla 3.8.11 is now available. This is a bug fix release for the 3.x series of Joomla including over 35 bug fixes and improvements.
What's in 3.8.11?
Joomla 3.8.11 addresses several bugs and improvements, including:
- Fix for the Missing "Select Type" field in the Extensions Manager #20881
- Replace the URL parameter "limitstart=0" by "start=0" when SEF is enabled #19452
- Remove non callable array items from field categories #20093
- Articles - Category Module: New ‘showon’ attribute for form fields #20950
- Fix OpenSearch implementation #20937
- Fix for tag filtering in Featured Articles view in administrator #21138
- Fix for filtering Featured Articles by access level in administrator #21168
- Media manager: relative paths for video files #21156
- Com_menus: removal of useglobal attribute #21095
- Multilingual Associations Component: fix associations in sidebyside view for contact and newsfeeds #21180
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
New InstallationsDownload Joomla 3.8.11
English (UK), 3.8.11 Full Package
Upgrade PackagesUpgrade Packages
Joomla 3 upgrade packages
Note: Please read the update instructions before updating.
Please remember to backup your site before updating and to clear your site, administrator and browser cache after updating.
If you find a bug in Joomla please report it on the Joomla! Issue Tracker.
Please see the documentation wiki for FAQs regarding the 3.8.11 release.
Make the next Joomla release even better
Joomla 3.9, 3.10 and 4.0 are in the works. If you would like to help improve them you can make a direct difference! You can find more information about these releases on GitHub:
- Joomla 3.9 milestone: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/milestone/20
- Joomla 3.9 Privacy Framework: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/20800 - Please read this article to get information on how to test it
- Joomla 3.10 milestone: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/milestone/34
- Joomla 4.0 milestone: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/milestone/5
We invite you to download these upcoming releases on the nightly build page (for testing purposes only - do not use on production sites).
Join the Joomla Volunteer Community and contribute your skills and time to help Joomla grow even more:
- Become a tester - no special skills required, but able to install test releases, and follow reporting instructions
- Help us translate - for those who speak English and any other language
- Document new features - for those who can write tutorials and technical documentation
- Other areas - find one that fits your skills and interests.
Spread the Joomla Love
Has Joomla helped you do your job better, saved you money, allowed you to do more with your website? You can help others experience the same results and find out about this great Open Source Content Management System by telling others.
Are you a journalist, blogger or evangelist?