Joomla 3.8.6 is now available. This is a security fix release for the 3.x series of Joomla addressing one security vulnerability and including over 60 bug fixes and improvements.
What's in Joomla 3.8.6?
Joomla 3.8.6 addresses one security vulnerability and several bugs, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - SQLi vulnerability in User Notes (affecting Joomla 3.5.0 through 3.8.5) More information »
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Various session management improvements #19548, #19687
- Multilingual: Associated categories should display only when published #19551
- Improve performance of the com_content category view with filter by tags #19284
- [com_fields] Fields are not copied when batch duplicating an article #16958
- Pass the configuration tmp_path to the archive package for extension installations #19608
- Hide global configuration and system information from non super users #19697
- Language overrides do not find plugin language files when files are in the plugin language folder #19740
- reCAPTCHA V1 - Discontinued #19648
- Delete existing user_keys, if password is changed #17827
- PHP 7.2 compatibility fixes
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
New InstallationsDownload Joomla 3.8.6
English (UK), 3.8.6 Full Package
Upgrade PackagesUpgrade Packages
Joomla 3 upgrade packages
Note: Please read the update instructions before updating.
Please remember to backup your site before updating and to clear your site, administrator and browser cache after updating.
If you find a bug in Joomla please report it on the Joomla! Issue Tracker.
Please see the documentation wiki for FAQs regarding the 3.8.6 release.
A huge Thank You to our volunteers!
A big thank you goes out to everyone that contributed to the Joomla 3.8 release!
Make the next Joomla release even better
Joomla 3.9 and 4.0 are already in the works. If you would like to help improve them you can make a direct difference. You can find Joomla 3.9 milestone here and for Joomla 4, it’s here. Download them here.
Join the Joomla! Volunteer community and contribute your skills and time to help Joomla! grow even more.
- Become a tester - no special skills required, but able to install test releases, and follow reporting instructions
- Help us translate - for those who speak English and any other language
- Document new features - for those who can write tutorials and technical documentation
- Other areas - find one that fits your skills and interests.
Spread the Joomla Love
Has Joomla helped you do your job better, saved you money, allowed you to do more with your web site? You can help others experience the same results and find out about this great Open Source Content Management System by telling others.
Share the news!
Visit the Joomla 3.8 Landing Page to get an overview of the new features, download our a wide range of imagery available for sharing in blog posts, via social media, or in banners on your site. They can be found on the Joomla 3.8 Imagery page. And if you want to translate them, you can find the source files here.
We would love you to spread the Joomla love and get the word out to your network.
Are you a journalist, blogger or evangelist?
Please feel free to get in touch with the