Joomla! 3.7.4 is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla! which includes two security vulnerability fixes and over 50 bug fixes and improvements. We strongly recommend that you update your sites immediately.
What's in 3.7.4?
Joomla! 3.7.4 is released to address security issues as well as several bugs.
Security Issues Fixed
- Core - Installer: Lack of Ownership Verification (affecting Joomla! 1.0.0 through Joomla! 3.7.3) More information »
- Core - XSS Vulnerability (affecting Joomla! 1.5.0 through Joomla! 3.7.3) More information »
- Visit the Security Centre for more information.
- Fatal error for PHP 5.3 and a multilanguage site #16966
- Multilingual com_tags getting wrong language cookie #17084
- Post installation message: Wrong php detection #16964
- com_contact address is no longer displayed #16971
- Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
Please see the documentation wiki for FAQs regarding the 3.7.4 release.
New InstallationsDownload Joomla! 3.7.4
English (UK), 3.7.4 Full Package
Upgrade PackagesUpgrade Packages
Joomla! 3 upgrade packages
Note: Please read the update instructions before updating.
Please remember to backup your site before updating and to clear your site, administrator and browser cache after updating.
If you find a bug in Joomla! 3.7.4 please report it on the Joomla! Issue Tracker.
A huge Thank You to our volunteers!
A big thank you goes out to everyone that contributed to the 3.7.4 release.
Make the next Joomla! release even better
Joomla! 3.8, 3.9 and 4.0 are already in the works. If you would like to help improve them you can make a direct difference.
The Joomla! 3.8 Feature Freeze is coming up!
By the end of the day on Friday, July 28, all feature proposals must either be merged or in a "Ready to Commit" state to be included in the release.
Your help would be highly appreciated for the requests needing code, testing or additional discussion:
- Routing items: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/projects/7
- General items: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/projects/8
- Items tagged as a new feature: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/labels/New%20Feature
- Items tentatively milestoned for 3.8: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/milestone/19
Join the Joomla! Volunteer community
Contribute your skills and time to help Joomla! grow even more:
- Become a tester - no special skills required, but able to install test releases, and follow reporting instructions
- Help us translate - for those who speak English and any other language
- Document new features - for those who can write tutorials and technical documentation
- Other areas - find one that fits your skills and interests.
Stay updated on the latest project news and important announcements by subscribing to the Joomla! Newsletter.
Spread the Joomla! Love
Has Joomla! helped you do your job better, saved you money, allowed you to do more with your web site? You can help others experience the same results and find out about this great Open Source Content Management System by telling others.
Share the news!
Don't forget to visit the Joomla! 3.7 Landing Page to get an overview of the new features, to download our wide range of imagery, publicly available at Joomla 3.7 Imagery page. You can also find the Joomla! 3.7 video on our YouTube channel, already available in 35 languages.
We would love you to spread the Joomla! love and get the word out to your network.
Are you a journalist, blogger or evangelist?