Joomla! 3.6.5 is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla! which addresses three security vulnerabilities, miscellaneous security hardening and three bug fixes; no further changes have been made compared to the Joomla! 3.6.4 release. We strongly recommend that you update your sites.
What's in 3.6.5
Version 3.6.5 is released to address three security issues, miscellaneous security hardening and three bugs.
Security Issues Fixed
- High Priority - Core - Elevated Privileges (affecting Joomla! 1.6.0 through 3.6.4) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - Shell Upload (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.6.4) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - Information Disclosure (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.6.4) More information »
- Security Hardening More information »
- [#12817] Fix Joomla Updater for Windows Users
- [#12984] Fix installation language for sr-YU
- [#12589] and [#13127] Fix default values for user creation on installation
Please see the documentation wiki for FAQ’s regarding the 3.6.5 release.
New Installations:Download Joomla! 3.6.5
English (UK), 3.6.5 Full Package
Upgrade Packages:Upgrade Packages
Joomla! 3 upgrade packages
Note: Please read the update instructions before updating.
Please remember to clear your browser's cache and any webhost or CDN caching after updating.
A Huge Thank You!
Thank you to the Joomla! Security Strike Team for their swift resolution of this issue.
Joomla! Security Strike Team
A big thanks to the Joomla! Security Strike Team for their ongoing work to keep Joomla! secure.
Members include: Beat B., Brian Teeman, Mark Boos, Luca Marzo, Marco Dings, Thomas Hunziker, David Jardin, Alan Langford, Jean-Marie Simonet, Phil Taylor, Viktor Vogel, George Wilson, Davide Tampellini, André Pereira da Silva, Peter Martin, Claire Mandville and Yves Hoppe.
Security Team Leadership: Michael Babker, Coordinator
Joomla! CMS Release Team
A big thanks to the CMS Release Team for their ongoing work testing the pre-releases.
Members include: Alessandro Rossi, Leo Lammerink, Marc Antoine Thevenet, Philip Walton, Roland Dalmulder, Ilagnayeru Manickam and Tobias Zulauf.
CMS Release Team Leadership: Robert Deutz, Coordinator
Image Credit: Elisa Foltyn and Tiziana Schuster