The Joomla Project announces the immediate availability of Joomla 1.5.16 [Wojmamni ama busani]. It has been about six months since Joomla 1.5.15 was released on November 4, 2009.
The Development Working Group's goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla community.
IMPORTANT UPDATE EFFECTIVE 25 APRIL 2010: Version 1.5.16 contains two serious bugs that will affect your site if you use a version of PHP prior to 5.2 or if you have the Session Handler parameter set to None in Global Configuration. To correct these issues, version 1.5.17 is scheduled to be released on 27 April 2010. If you haven't already upgraded to version 1.5.16, you may wish to wait for version 1.5.17 instead.
Please note that you should always backup your site before upgrading.
Check the Joomla 1.5.16 Post-Release FAQs to see if there are important items and helpful hints discovered after the release.
If you have modified core template overrides, please be sure to back them up before upgrading.
Four security issues were fixed in this release:
- Moderate Priority - Core - Negative Values for Limit and Offset. More information »
- Low Priority - Core - Installer Migration Script. More information »
- Moderate Priority - Core - Session Fixation. More information »
- Low Priority - Core - Password Reset Tokens. More information »
For additional information, visit the Joomla Security Center.
- Fixed error in contacts with SEF enabled (17235)
- Fixed SQL error when sorting news feeds by section. (18648)
- Fixed problem showing URL for image files in Atom news feeds. (18936)
- Fixed problem where author alias was not escaped correctly. (19009)
- Fixed bug in pagination of category blog menu item. (19245)
- Fixed display of image captions in some situations. (19405)
- Fixed caching problem with com_contact. (19435)
- Added framework validation to com_media file. (19763)
- Fixed PHP notice when enabling or disabling a user. (19798)
- Fixed caching for related articles module (17000)
- Fixed notification error in login module (17762)
- Fixed problems with upgrade method in module installation (17878)
- Fixed typo in mod_latestnews. (18403)
- Fixed HTML validation problem with mod_search. (18619)
- Fixed problem with some news feeds not showing. (18672)
- Fixed problem in mod_login where trashed menu items show in redirect list. (19831)
- Fixed problem saving content in TinyMCE when editor is toggled (17936)
- Fixed bug in email cloaking that added an extra space (17986)
- Fixed problem saving valid attributes for some HTML tags. (19055)
- No legacy issues were fixed for this release
- Fixed problem loading template files for RTL languages. (18614)
- Fixed beez template to show correct Itemid after a search. (18683)
- Added missing translation strings in installation. (19604)
- Added sr-YU language for installation. (19627)
- Added Phnom-Penh to timezone files. (19715)
- Added missing language strings in installation files. (19816)
- Added Arabic Unitag installation language ar_AA (19836)
- Added missing language strings for is-IS language in installation. (19864)
- Added missing strings in installation ini files. (19871)
- Added new hi-IN install language (19966)
- Added updates on installation ini files (20024)
- Fixed language bug in Menus (20055)
- Added language credits update (20195)
- Fixed display problem in back end with RTL languages. (18570)
- Fixed problem where Menu Item types for disabled components still showed when adding menu items. (18617)
- Fixed problem with display of module position in Module Manager. (18848)
- Fixed JFolder::makeSafe method to not remove dots in path (16506)
- Fixed problem that prevented using a cache in some cases (16974)
- Remove PHP warning message on some versions (18612)
- Fixed problem installing modules in update mode. (18987)
- Fixed problem with Yagoon and Norfolk timezones. (19555)
- Fixed problem with return value when saving polling components. (19655)
- Fixed problem in JToolbarHelper class media_manager method. (19680)
- Fixed incorrect URI for IIS platforms (18046)
- Improved handling of failing Apache plugins (19859)
- Added Reykjavik in timezone (20025)
- Fixed JApplication::redirect() to not use 301 code (20043)
- Fixed SEF search URL's for cross-platform compatibility (20184)
Statistics for the 1.5.16 release period:
- Joomla 1.5.16 contains:
- 48 issues fixed in SVN
- 52 commits
- Tracker activity resulted in a net increase of 83 active issues:
- 224 new reports
- 94 closed
- 48 fixed in SVN
- At the time the 1.5.16 release was packaged, the tracker had 303 active issues:
- 169 open
- 103 confirmed
- 31 pending
Joomla! Bug Squad
Thanks to the Joomla Bug Squad for their dedicated efforts investigating reports, fixing problems, and applying patches to Joomla. If you find a bug in Joomla, please report it on the 1.5 Bug Tracker.
Active members of the Joomla Bug Squad during this last release cycle include: Ian MacLennan and Mark Dexter co-coordinators; Airton Torres, Alan Langford, Alessandro Nadalin, Andrea Tarr, Christophe Demko, Dennis Hermacki, Edvard Ananyan, Elin Waring, Flavia Silveira, Hannes Papenberg, Jean-Marie Simonet, Jennifer Marriott, Joseph LeBlanc, Julio Pontes, Kevin Devine, Klas Berlič, Koen Kuipers, Matt Thomas, Mustaq Sheikh, Niels Braczek, Ole Bang Ottosen, Omar Ramos, Pete Nurse, Ron Severdia, Sam Moffatt, and Will Mavis.
A warm welcome to the newest members of the Joomla Bug Squad: Alessandro Nadalin, Koen Kuipers, Matt Thomas, Michael McGinn, Mustaq Sheikh, and Ronald de Vries.