The Joomla! Project proudly announces the September 2010 Issue of the Joomla! Community Magazine. The magazine is a monthly collection of articles and illustrations highlighting events and accomplishments of the Joomla! community.
In this issue
- Matt Lipscomb has written an interview with Paul Orwig about the JCM.
- Herman Peeren has contributed a story about nominations for the upcoming Packt Open Source Awards (be sure to click through the link he provided and nominate Joomla!).
- Community members have submitted articles in six different languages for this issue.
- Opportunities are now open for community members to submit articles in 17 different languages.
Extensions and Services Evaluations
- Don't miss the third installment in Team EaSE's series of detailed looks at Joomla! template frameworks.
- Miljan Vujosevic has contributed an article which explains how to configure .htaccess and robot.txt for search engine optimization.
Website case studies
- Cristina Solana and Robert Vining have teamed up to deliver another in-depth look at an innovative Joomla! website. This month they focus on the Kosher Kingdom website, a design challenge which included a conversion from a difficult to update Flash based site and integration of shopping cart and point of sale systems.
- Steve Burge has contributed another update on Open Source Matters activities for August.
- Paul Orwig has published a volunteer profile of JED team member Pierre Gazzola.
- Paul Orwig has written a volunteer profile of PWG system tester Matt Thomas.
Joomla! events and Joomla! User Groups
- Bo Astrup has written a story about signifigant upgrades to JUGs listings on the Community website.
- Bo Astrup has published an overview about Joomla! Day USA West 2010 which is coming up on October 1-3 in San Jose, CA.
Joomla! in the press/media
- Mark Bender has compiled another set of recent links to Joomla! related stories featured on other websites.
- Moriah Chesler has contributed a thorough look at W3C standards and why they are important.
- Nicholas Dionysopoulos has written a book review of The Joomla! Developer's Bible.
- Arlen Walker has delivered a profile of Ian MacLennan in the The Joomla! Setup series.
- Nicholas Dionysopoulos has written an article about improving your site's security by changing the default super administrator username and id.
- Gabriel Munoz has contributed an article about hiding and protecting your configuration.php file to protect your website.
On the lighter side...
- Yepr has contributed another Jane Beyond and friends cartoon.
In our next issue
We want to publish your Joomla! story in the next JCM issue! So take a look at our Author Resources content to get a better idea of what we are looking for, and then register to become a JCM author and submit your Joomla! story!