After many months of hard work by a very dedicated group of volunteers, today we proudly announce that the new Joomla! Community Magazine has launched! You can get to the JCM by clicking on the new Magazine link in the horizontal navigation for the Joomla! community site, or by going directly to http://magazine.joomla.org.
In each monthly JCM issue you will find stories that will educate, inform, challenge, and inspire you. And because we encourage community members to submit articles to the JCM, we also hope you will think about what makes Joomla! special to you, and then come back here to share your story with the rest of the community. And that is really what the JCM is all about: Helping members of the Joomla! community connect with each other and share their stories. We would love to publish yours!
The JCM is organized by different topics, and each issue contains new articles for each topic. There is a topics menu on the right sidebar of all JCM pages that allows you quick access to all articles in the current issue. You can click on the issues link in the main JCM navigation menu to find articles from previous JCM issues.
Here is a summary of what subjects are covered in each of our different topics:
- Editor’s introduction: This is set aside for JCM lead editors to introduce each issue to our readers.
- Feature stories: Interesting stories on a wide variety of subjects of broad interest to the Joomla! community
- Extensions and Services Evaluations: Team EaSE picks a type of GPL Joomla! extension, framework, or service for each issue and publishes in-depth descriptions and comparisons of popular choices.
- Website case studies: Each issue takes a close up look at an interesting and unique Joomla! website. You'll learn about how they were built and who built them, what challenges were encountered and how they were overcome, and more.
- Leadership connections: This topic features articles and updates from the main Joomla! leadership teams: The Production Leadership Team, The Community Leadership Team, and Open Source Matters.
- Joomla! events & Joomla! User Groups: Each issue takes an in-depth look at recent or upcoming Joomla! Events or local Joomla! User Groups which may be found all around the world.
- Joomla! in the news/media: This is a collection of links to recent Joomla! related articles from online news and media sources.
- Designer’s studio: This topic covers subjects of interest to website designers.
- Developer’s workbench: This topic covers subjects of interest to website developers.
- Administrator’s toolkit: This topic covers subjects of interest to website administrators.
- Did you know...?: Learn about using features or a combination of features of Joomla! and Joomla! extensions to innovate, then share with the community and inspire others by contributing your insights!
Contribute an article or idea, or join the JCM team
Engaging the community and encouraging participation is central to the JCM's mission. Each article provides the opportunity for community members to leave comments and interact with each other and the author. Each JCM article also features a “Contribute” module in the upper area of the right sidebar. In that module is a brief summary of what subjects that topic covers and what type of community participation is encouraged, along with a link to allow community members to take the next step of submitting an article or idea for an upcoming article.
The JCM has a team of friendly and helpful editors standing by to help you with your article. We have also developed extensive Author Resources content to help make the process of writing and submitting an article easier.