The Joomla! Project is pleased to announce the availability of Joomla! CMS 3.5 Beta 1. Community members are asked to download and install the package in order to provide quality assurance for the forthcoming 3.5 release.
Joomla! 3 is the latest major release of the Joomla! CMS, with 3.5 the sixth standard-term support release in this series. Please note that going from 3.4 to 3.5 is a one-click upgrade and is NOT a migration. The same is true is for any subsequent versions in the 3 series of the CMS. That being said, please do not upgrade any of your production sites to the beta version as beta is ONLY intended for testing and there is no upgrade path from Beta.
Joomla! 3.4.5 is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses a critical security vulnerability. We strongly recommend that you update your sites immediately. This release only contains the security fixes; no other changes have been made compared to the Joomla 3.4.4 release.
What's in 3.4.5
Version 3.4.5 is released to address three reported security vulnerabilities and includes additional security hardening of the UploadShield system.
Security Issues Fixed
- High Priority - Core - SQL Injection (affecting Joomla 3.2 through 3.4.4) More information »
- Medium Priority - Core - ACL Violations (affecting Joomla 3.2 through 3.4.4) More information »
- Medium Priority - Core - ACL Violations (affecting Joomla 3.0 through 3.4.4) More information »
Please see the documentation wiki for FAQ’s regarding the 3.4.5 release.
A Joomla 3.4.5 release containing a security fix will be published on Thursday 22nd October at approximately 14:00 UTC
The Joomla Security Strike Team (JSST) has been informed of a critical security issue in the Joomla core.
Since this is a very important security fix, please be prepared to update your Joomla installations next Thursday.
Until the release is out, please understand that we cannot provide any further information.
Joomla! 3.4.4 is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla This release fixes a low level security issue. We strongly encourage you update your sites.
What's in 3.4.4
Version 3.4.4 also addresses a few issues:
- Further en-GB language cleanup
- Fixes for MSSQL and PostgresSQL Joomla installations
- jQuery, HTML5Shiv and CodeMirror updates
- Finished implementing the Joomla codestyle rules
Thanks to the hard work of 36 different volunteer contributors more than 500 code commits, addressing over 245 issues, were made for the 3.4.4 release. See the list of fixed GitHub issues for details of the tracker items fixed.
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - XSS Vulnerability More information »
For known issues with the 3.4.4 release, see the Version 3.4.4 FAQ in the documentation site.
The Production Leadership Team's goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla community. Learn more about Joomla development at the Joomla Developer Network.
Joomla 3.4.3 is now available. This is a maintenance release for the Joomla 3 series. We strongly encourage you update your sites.
Version 3.4.3 addresses a few issues:
- The renaming of the ClassLoader.php file to classloader.php caused issues which in some isolated cases even broke the CMS.
- When creating menus of type Smart Search or contact list for 3.4.2 invalid field warnings were displayed when trying to save.
- The option to disable the count-join in JCategories is permanently enabled on multilingual sites, making extensions that don't use this feature and for example don't have a catid field in their table, fail.
- Module, Article and Category creation applies a wrong default values for the access level. Instead of the one from the global configuration it just takes none, and thus the first in the list is selected (Guest).
- The batch model cut the dropdown so you can’t access all items there
- On the batch model we had some kind of scrollbar flashing
Thanks to the hard work of 7 different volunteer contributors, 9 bugs have also been resolved with the 3.4.3 release of the Joomla . See the list of fixed GitHub issues for details of the tracker items fixed.
For known issues with the 3.4.3 release, see the Version 3.4.3 FAQ in the documentation site.
The Production Leadership Team's goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla community. Learn more about Joomla! development at the Joomla! Developer Network.