- Created on Friday, 05 November 2010 01:48
The November issue of the Joomla Community Magazine is here with news about exciting volunteer opportunities, along with inspirational Joomla! success stories, invaluable how-to articles, and so much more.
In this Issue:
Joomla! Rising!, written by Dianne Henning
- The Joomla! project is proud to announce How you can help change the world!, a unique opportunity for you and other members of the Joomla! community to work hand-in-hand with the United Nations to help change the world!
- Buzz words defined as only Arlen Walker can! Small Talk is a must read!
- Matt Lipscomb brings us Insights From: The Official Joomla! Book (Part 1)
- Lars Eggert reads our mind and assists us with Converting a client's thoughts - or how to analyse, plan and project.
The Joomla! Haiku: Share yours!
- Prolific poets,
- punsters and word masters too,
- spread the Joomla! love...
- Post your November 2010 Haiku here!
- Community members have submitted two articles in two different languages for this issue.
- Opportunities are now open for community members to submit articles in 17 different languages.
- Shizzle my nizzle, crocodizzle! Marcus Tullius Cicero is back, gangsta style!
- Community Leadership Team: Paul Orwig introduces us to Global Forum Moderator Olaf Offick.
- OSM board member Steve Burge shares some of the work that OSM has been doing during October on behalf of the Joomla! project.
- Matt Lipscomb takes us behind the scenes at Joomla! Day West 2010: The 2010 Video Interviews - Part 1
Website Case Studies
- Robert Vining brings us to Zuno Studios' Maribel Lackey, Director of New Media & Client Services to ask her about a recent site build they just completed: Women's Refugee Commission.
- Keeping it on the African continent, and welcoming Joomla! community contributor,Phehello Mofokeng, we learn how the Dihlabeng Local Municipality embraces the positive and strong traits of Joomla! and rebrands their website.
Extensions and Services Evaluations
- Team EaSE takes a look at five easy-to-use options that will help you quickly offer eCommerce on your Joomla! web site.
- Miljan Vujosevic demonstrates methods for boosting your image SEO.
- In this month's The Joomla! Setup, Arlen Walker takes us to the Big Easy with an interview of art and renaissance progeny, Louis Landry.
Did you know…?
- Nicholas G. Antimisiaris explains field logic and giving your users the ability to show/embed their YouTube playlist in their user profile.
- More video know-how from Milena Mitova who shows us How to add a video library to your site in 6 easy steps.
- Joomla! Site Showcase volunteer moderator, Mike Hamanaka writes about Culture, Community, and Design.
- Michael Babker shares his thoughts on Planning and Doing a Site Redesign.
- Community contributor Theophanis Mastakas gives us some sound advice on website security.
Joomla! in the Press/Media
- Mark Bender bring us Joomla! in the Press/Media — November 2010
On the lighter side...
- Yepr has contributed another Jane Beyond and friends cartoon
A special thanks to the members of the Joomla! community who are contributing authors in this month's issue: Michael Babker, Lars Eggert, Mike Hamanaka, Theophanis Mastakas and Phehello Mofokeng.
In our next issue
We want to publish your Joomla! story in the next JCM issue! So take a look at our Author Resources content to get a better idea of what we are looking for, and then register to become a JCM author and submit your Joomla! story!
- Created on Friday, 22 October 2010 06:02
This past week the Joomla! Extensions Directory reached 6000 published listings. However, it also reached 138,000,000 downloads of extensions! This impressive number surpasses the other top open-source CMS competitors and shows substantial growth and extendability. Read more about this achievement and what's coming up for the Joomla! Extensions Directory here.
- Created on Thursday, 07 October 2010 22:19
Introducing Joomla Press - Books reflect best practices and the mission, vision and values of the Joomla Community
Dive into more Joomla! knowledge
The first two titles slated for publishing are The Official Joomla! Book which is scheduled to be published in December 2010 and the second title Joomla! Explained: Your Step-by-Step Guide with a publishing date of early 2011.
The books will be the flagship releases in a new Joomla Press, representing a publishing alliance between Pearson, the global leader in education services and technology, and Open Source Matters, Inc. (OSM), the not-for-profit organization that supports the Joomla project.
A portion of the proceeds will go back to the Joomla! Project.
For more information on purchasing and download information, visit InformIT Safari Books