Joomla is an award-winning Content Management System (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone. The benefits of Joomla! include:
- Easy Installation
- Simple website maintenance
- Top-notch security and stability
- Powerful free and commercial extensions
- Plentiful templates to easily change the look of your website
Where to get Joomla?
- Download Joomla: http://www.joomla.org/download.html
- Download Joomla language pack for US English (en-US): http://community.joomla.org/translations/joomla-3-translations.html#en-us
Where to get extensions?
- Download extensions: http://extensions.joomla.org/
- Download American English (en-US) language packs for extensions: not available
Where to get documentation for Joomla?
- English documentation: https://docs.joomla.org/
Where to get support for Joomla?
- Free English support: http://forum.joomla.org/
- Commercial support: http://resources.joomla.org/
Regional Events / Joomladays
Local communities worldwide organise Joomla Days. A Joomla Day is an event created exclusively for Joomla users and projects and usually draws a regional audience. More information: http://community.joomla.org/events/joomla-days.html
Joomla User Groups (JUG)
Local Joomla User Groups (JUG) are a great way to meet new people, get help with a project, or share your own knowledge with other Joomla users. Joomla is everywhere so check to see if there's already a JUG in your area. If not, you might want to consider forming one. JUG FAQ: http://community.joomla.org/user-groups/jug-faq.html
- JUGs in the United Kingdom: http://community.joomla.org/user-groups/europe/united-kingdom.html
- JUGs in The United States: http://community.joomla.org/user-groups/north-america/united-states.html
- JUGs in Canada: http://community.joomla.org/user-groups/north-america/canada.html
- JUGs in Australia: http://community.joomla.org/user-groups/asia-pacific/australia.html
How to contribute to Joomla?
- Answer Questions in any Joomla! Forum
- Write or Translate a Tutorial or Documentation
- Develop an Extension or Template
- Test or Add a Comment to an Issue Report: https://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_report_a_bug%3F
- Join a Joomla! Working Group
- Help Out at a Joomla! Event
- Contribute in Other Ways, see http://contribute.joomla.org/