Joomla! 3.8.2 is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla addressing three security vulnerabilities and fixing several bugs which were reported after the previous Joomla releases.
What's in Joomla! 3.8.2?
Joomla! 3.8.2 addresses three security vulnerabilities and over 90 bugs, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Medium Priority - Core - LDAP Information Disclosure (affecting Joomla! 1.5.0 through 3.8.1) More information »
- Medium Priority - Core - Two-Factor Authentication Bypass (affecting Joomla! 3.2.0 through 3.8.1) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - Information Disclosure (affecting Joomla! 3.7.0 through 3.8.1) More information »
- Display subcategories in blog layout only when user has access #18408
- Tags being deleted by any batch action and by drag and drop reordering #18328
- Search Module not displayed on the core templates error page #18375
- Fix unneeded repetitive filesystem access / checks causing performance issue in custom fields #17893
- Fix backend articles manager not listing articles in sub-categories when categories filter is active #18179
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
New InstallationsDownload Joomla! 3.8.2
English (UK), 3.8.2 Full Package
Upgrade PackagesUpgrade Packages
Joomla! 3 upgrade packages
Note: Please read the update instructions before updating.
Please remember to backup your site before updating and to clear your site, administrator and browser cache after updating.
If you find a bug in Joomla! 3.8.2 please report it on the Joomla! Issue Tracker.
Please see the documentation wiki for FAQs regarding the 3.8.2 release.
A huge Thank You to our volunteers!
A big thank you goes out to everyone that contributed to the Joomla! 3.8 release! Find a list of developers who helped out on the Thank You page.
Make the next Joomla! release even better
Joomla! 3.9 and 4.0 are already in the works. If you would like to help improve them you can make a direct difference.
Join the Joomla! Volunteer community and contribute your skills and time to help Joomla! grow even more.
- Become a tester - no special skills required, but able to install test releases, and follow reporting instructions
- Help us translate - for those who speak English and any other language
- Document new features - for those who can write tutorials and technical documentation
- Other areas - find one that fits your skills and interests.
Spread the Joomla! Love
Has Joomla! helped you do your job better, saved you money, allowed you to do more with your web site? You can help others experience the same results and find out about this great Open Source Content Management System by telling others.
Share the news!
Visit the Joomla! 3.8 Landing Page (already available in 30 languages!) to get an overview of the new features, download our a wide range of imagery available for sharing in blog posts, via social media, or in banners on your site. They can be found on the Joomla! 3.8 Imagery page. And if you want to translate them, you can find the source files here.
We would love you to spread the Joomla! love and get the word out to your network.
Are you a journalist, blogger or evangelist?