Joomla! 1.5 RC2 [codename: Endeleo] is now available for download. What better way to celebrate our 2nd Birthday! We chose Endeleo as the codename for this release candidate as it is Swahili for 'development, growth, progress ... improvement'. Highly appropriate we feel.
It is roughly five weeks after the RC1 release and we have made major improvements in certain areas of the 1.5 codebase. Time to share another RC with the community. Some improvements and areas of changes are listed below:
- Router refactoring solving a range of bugs
- Media Manager refactoring, moving this to MVC standards
- Updated scripts (version); MooTools, tinyMCE, Xstandard
- Core template improvements
- Template language installer support
- ... and of course a lot more
Joomla! 1.0.13 [ Sunglow ] is now available for download.
Joomla! 1.0.13 features:
- Several low-risk security fixes
- Improved password storage system
- Easier control over Register Globals Emulation
- An Itemid backwards compatibility setting
- Improved administrative session security
- Improved HTTP/HTTPS switchover support
Joomla! lead developer Louis Landry announced Joomla's release candidate of Joomla! 1.5 today. The much-anticipated announcement of Joomla's amazing new framework was met with with enthusiastic applause. Meanwhile, almost simultaneously, Wilco Jansens delivered the good news to a group of Joomla! fans in Germany.
"This release candidate is more than one small step for Joomla!," Louis said. "It's a massive technology step for open source as a whole. This release candidate marks a defining moment in Joomla! history ... our progression away from old legacy code into a more powerful, flexible modern framework."
Wilco Jansens, who has been co-ordinating the release, anticipates great things. "We hope to go to RC2 (Release Candidate Two) early August and Stable should follow very quickly after," he said. "While working in the engine room over recent weeks, we knew we were on the brink of something great. Let the fireworks begin," he said.