The Joomla! community is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Joomla! 1.5.3 [Vahi]. This release is earlier than scheduled in order to correct a database name validation error introduced in 1.5.2. It has been a month since Joomla! 1.5.2 was released on March 23, 2008. The goal is to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla! end user community containing the latest bug fixes and minor enhancements.
- Database name validation
- xHTML compliance fixes
- Help screen updates
- JFilterInput infinite loop fix
- PDF fixes for PHP 4
- Minor CSS and RTL issues
Sincere thanks to the Joomla! Bug Squad for their dedicated efforts investigating reports, fixing problems, and applying patches to Joomla!. If you find a bug with Joomla!, please report the bug using the Joomla! tracker.
Statistics for the 1.5.3 release period:
- The 1.5.3 release period was 4 weeks and 3 days, 8 committers, 32 commits and 192 file changes.
- 109 issues closed with an average open period of 21 days.
- 173 issues remain open, 46% (85) were reported during this last period.
- 1.5.3 is released at Revision 10,224.
- 45 installation languages are available.
Members of the Bug Squad, include: Anthony Ferrara (lead), Akarwuth Tamrareang, Ahmad Alfy, Akash Mehta, Andrew Eddie, Bruce Scherzinger, Elin Waring, Ercan Ozkaya, Hannes Pappenberg, Ian MacLennan, Jennifer Marriott, Jens-Christian Skibakk, Joseph LeBlanc, Justo de Rivera, Kevin Devine, Mati Kochen, Michael Casha, Pieter J. van Horssen, Samuel Moffatt, Shantanu Bala, Toby Patterson, Tomasz Dobrzynski, and Wilco Jansen.
Warm welcome to the newest members of the Bug Squad: Danh Le Phuoc, Isaac Shabtay, Jay Kendall, Jerry Hilburn, and Phillip Richdale.
Joomla! 1.5.4 goals
- Profiling and performance optimization
- Plugin refactoring and introduction of unit testing (see Unit Testing current status and background info)
- Complete remaining translation issues
- Continue working on the //TODO tags in source code
- Update of the OpenID library to 2.0