- Created on Tuesday, 09 September 2008 01:19
The Joomla Project is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Joomla 1.5.7 [Wovusani]. This is a security release and contains a number of bug fixes, improvements as well as security fixes. It is strongly recommended that users immediately upgrade. It has been nearly four weeks since Joomla 1.5.6 was released on August 12, 2008. The Development Working Group's goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla community.
- Several security issues were fixed in this release. There was 1 critical, 1 major and 2 moderate security vulnerabilities fixed in 1.5.7. For more information, visit the Security Center.
- com_content: Metadata handling; Alias not copied for Articles
- String Escaping: External links; Titles; Alt tags missing on images
- Blog Layout: Article Page break; new Left-to-Right option; Breadcrumbs; Archive Intro Text formatting issues; Section Blog Article links
- Submit Article: Article Order Drop-Down List on Front End Shows Archived and Trashed Articles; Preview edited Article does not use Template Editor.css
- RSS Feed: Publish Date fix; External URLs rendering incorrectly
- SEO: Index and Follow Meta Tag for Print View
- Show_noauth problem; Module Deletion after uninstall; Colspan in mod_latest; Copy Newsflash Module
- Name and Username in mod_login; Menu item is locked after closing
- Search: Textfield Width Parameter; Show Search Results option; Category Search
- Menu Access Rights Corrections; Menu Separator shows as Link
- Beez: Contact Image; Typo in Attribute value; Newsflash Article URL
- ja_purity: e-Mail and Print Button files; Default Article Layout does not display Edit Icon for Authors; Site Logo Text goes under Header background; Top menu
- UPDATE (Sept. 10, 2008): New function countMenuChildren() added for hiding empty split menus
- $row is not Initialized
- Help: Latest Version check; Help Key Reference Update for Modules: New Screen
- Configuration: Time Zone correction
- Media Manager: Base path missing slashes
- Sample Content: Outdated Links in "Welcome to Joomla", Newsfeed Fixes, several updated articles and statistics
- Installation: Remove confusing error message about language files for extension installations
- IIS 6 and IIS 7: JRoute::_() and Application Redirect() fixes
- Parameter Types: SQL, Textarea for Templates
- E-mail: JMail class ignores JConfig.sendmail path for sendmail; Incorrect SEF URLs for outgoing recommendation e-mails
- API: JHTMLSelect fix; queryBatch logging in debug mode; JSite::getParams(); strpos(); setMetadata creates duplicate meta tags; $row is not initialized
- XML-RPC client ID is too high; Profiling J1.5 framework; $row is not initialized
- Cache: JCacheStorageFile::gc flawed logic in cache expiry; Clean Cache file with Cache Manager
UPDATE (Sept. 12, 2008): For FAQs about this release, see http://docs.joomla.org/Category:Version_1.5.7_FAQ
- Created on Tuesday, 12 August 2008 23:24
The Joomla! community is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Joomla! 1.5.6 [Vusani]. This is a quick turnaround security release to address a high level security issue and it is recommended all users upgrade immediately.
For more information about this exploit, click here to visit the Joomla Security Blog.
- New installation
- Upgrade from an existing Joomla! 1.5 version
- Migration from Joomla! 1.0.x
- See below for manual installation instructions
- SECURITY [HIGH] Fixed security hole in reset logic to check for proper token length.
For some users a manual installation of the 1.5.6 Security Patch is a faster process. To manually apply the 1.5.6 Security Patch, upload the following files, replacing the existing files:
components/com_user/models/reset.php changelog.php includes/framework.php administrator/includes/framework.php libraries/joomla/version.php libraries/joomla/environment/uri.php
This patch will only update installations of Joomla 1.5.5. If you're using an earlier version, it is recommended you update prior to updating these files.
- Created on Monday, 28 July 2008 08:15
The Joomla! community is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Joomla! 1.5.5 [Mamni]. This is a quick turnaround release to address the Duplicate Title error from 1.5.4 . This release also contains important SEF URL improvements and fixes for com_content in addition to a number of bug fixes and improvements. It has been nearly three weeks since Joomla! 1.5.4 was released on July 8, 2008. The Development Working Group 's goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla! community.
- Fix Duplicate Titles Bug
- SEF URL improvements and fixes for com_content
- Fixed error restricting Search to Article content, only
- Archived Articles now link correctly with SEF URLs
- Category Blog pagination and Link List corrected
- Category List Menu Item and Frontend now allow List length selection
- Fixed Contact Item Bad Word parameter that prevented email
- Private Messaging Search now returns results
- SWF Banner correction allowing definition of dimensions
- Improved 403 reporting for Submit Article and Web link permission issues
- "Register to Read More" fixes for Newsflash
- Page Break and Read More fixes
- JA Purity Hornav position, login token code, and language string fixes
- BEEZ fieldset alignments for Search and Read More link corrections
- Installer fixes for updates to Components and Modules
- mosmsg now used by 1.0.x extensions