- Created on Sunday, 05 February 2006 15:14
Over the New Year we promoted our commitment to third party developers (3PDs), where we hinted at creating a cool hangout for all 3PDs to learn, exchange, mentor and explore their creative ideas. Well, today, as promised, we're delivering our Developer Network Portal.
The Joomla!™ Developer Network Portal, is, we believe, a first in the Open Source world. "This idea has been driven by both core development members and third party developers," said Joomla! project leader Andrew Eddie. "It represents another milestone in the maturity of Joomla! and there is no doubt from the feedback we're receiving it's a benchmark worth having."
Joomla! lead developer Johan Jansens said he wanted to see the portal become the "hangout" for developers to support each other and be free to explore the full power of Joomla! and its many innovations. "This is particularly true of Joomla! 1.1. We've already been working with 3PDs to help them make their components work well and draw from the power of the new API."
- Created on Sunday, 01 January 2006 00:00
Well folks, we've had this under wraps somewhat but what better time to share some good news than at New Year.
The concrete is setting on our Joomla!™ 1.1 codeset and it will be delivering many cool features, primarily designed to provide Third Party Developers (3PDs) with more power and ease of code integration.
Yes, it's true. Joomla! 1.1 will provide an entry into a modern codeset allowing Object Orientated development, with inbuilt internationalisation (multi-lingual support), a refactored core and, FTP extension installation. Put simply, core restructuring and modernisation of code all built on a robust framework which allows the developer more power and flexibility with less effort.
- UTF-8 built in — Internationalisation (translation of the core system) allowing multi-lingual support
- Core Restructuring — modernisation of core, providing a more powerful, flexible framework
- FTP uploading of extensions (components, modules, plugins, templates), resolving file ownership and Safe Mode issues
- Database drivers — a project providing the ability for Joomla! to work with databases other than mySQL
- Hooks for officially supported components already in the core
- Plugin framework - a system to allow easy integration of external web applications
- Created on Friday, 30 December 2005 11:18
With a New Year around the corner, the Joomla!™ Team would like to wish the community the best.
Thanks to those of you who've taken the time to write with your wishes for the year end.
We've got some more good news coming in the New Year. In fact, we've already hinted a couple of times about raising the bar in terms of power and standards for third party developers. We've also got some news about a forthcoming release with both feature and functionality improvements. 2006 will see us build on new technologies enhanced by a more robust, standardised, modern codeset.
What are we saying here? Well I guess you'll need to wait to see the announcement on January 1st!
Until then, enjoy your New Year celebrations and if you're not partying too hard drop by for a Joomla!™ Powered 2006.