- Created on Friday, 26 October 2007 12:00
Joomla!, for the second time running, has been nominated as a finalist for the 2007 PacktPub Open Source CMS Awards.
Our project has successfully made it to the final five of in two categories of the prestigious PacktPub open source CMS (content management systems) awards. This year Joomla! is nominated in the Overall Winner and Best PHP Open Source CMS. We were fortunate enough to win the top prize last year.
Vote for Joomla! as OVERALL WINNER here.
Vote for Joomla! as BEST PHP OPEN SOURCE CMS here.
Since Joomla! won last year we've seen some huge advancements in our framework, with Beta and Release Candidate versions of our re-factored Joomla! 1.5. Joomla! can claim to have on of the largest user bases in the CMS world, with millions of installations on sites ranging from the United Nations, to Porsche to zillions of hobby sites. The flexibility and ease-of-use is what makes Joomla! so appealing to users. With 1.5 stable on the horizon, the future is looking even stronger for Joomla!
See what some independent UK technologists think about Joomla! 1.5.
Once again, thanks to PacktPub for creating a buzz and investing in the open source community as a whole. All projects benefit from Packt's interest and support.
- Created on Friday, 24 August 2007 12:39
With the release of the eagerly anticipated Joomla! 1.5, the time hascome to allow one of the skilled designers in our midst to become apart of the success that will be Joomla! 1.5. The Joomla! 1.5Template Contest is open to anyone with a passion for design and adesire to have their design seen and used by millions of people globally as theydownload and install the stable release of Joomla! 1.5.
- The five finalists will each receive a Joomla! prize package that includes a Joomla! laptop bag, Joomla! shirt, Joomla! hat, and a Joomla! 256MB USB memory stick.
- The grand prize winner will have his/her template added as the third template to the Joomla! 1.5 core distribution to be downloaded in every Joomla! 1.5 package.
The Joomla! 1.5 Template Contest procedure will be very similar to the Joomla! Logo Contest from 2005:
- Contestants will have until the 22nd of September 2007 to submit their designs via a contest thread set up in the Joomla! forums.
- Entries are submitted by way of a post titled "Template Contest Entries" which includes a brief introduction to your design and a link to the template package. The template package must be available without registration and must be available until the five finalists have been announced.
- At 23:59 GMT on the 22nd of September 2007 the thread will be locked and no further entries will be allowed.
- The Core Team will go through all contest entries and create a short list of their favourite 5 designs that meet the design and technical requirements of the Template Contest.
- At 23:59 GMT October 6th 2007 the contest finalists will be revealed in a poll thread on the Joomla! Forums and all five templates will be made available via a demo site provided for the duration of the voting period.
- Forum members will have exactly one week, until the 23:59 GMT October 13th 2007 to cast a vote for their favourite design.
- The winner of the competition will be revealed in the final release of Joomla! 1.5.
Contest Rules and Requirements
- Template packages must be installable via the Joomla! 1.5 extension installer.
- All template files must be licensed under the GNU/GPL version 2.
- Templates must be an original work of the person making the design entry.
- Templates must run natively in Joomla! 1.5. They must not require Legacy Mode in order to function.
- Templates must use the Joomla! sample content as-is and not require any moving/modifying of modules/content.
- Templates must utilize at least one Joomla! 1.5 template parameter.
- Templates must provide an example of custom module chrome or template overriding.
- Templates must be valid XHTML 1.0 and CSS.
- Templates should look and function similarly in Internet Explorer 6+, FireFox, Safari, and Opera.
- Templates should not break with any of the sample content.
- Core Team members may not submit entries in the template contest.
- Created on Tuesday, 07 August 2007 13:19
You can now proudly show your Joomla! colours with an official Joomla! Cap, ourJoomla! Laptop Bag, or both! We hope these new products will provideJoomla! fans with a strong visual statement to demonstrate their support. Allprofits from our online shop go back into the project to further itsnot-for-profit aims and ambitions. Look cool and support Joomla! at thesame time.
The ultra-light brushed cotton of this low profile cap looks sensational withthe Joomla! embroidered logo. You'll enjoy the comfort of 96% cotton and justenough spandex to provide pleasant flexibility for long-term wear. The NU-FITband provides a fitted cap look and is designed to absorb moisture whilemaintaining its shape. You won't believe how comfortable this cap is to wear andyou'll look great from the first moment you put it on.
Joomla!Laptop Messenger Bag
If you rely on your laptop, you need a reliable laptop bag. Our Joomla! LaptopMessenger Bag is built for the long haul. With 1680-denier, advanced ballisticnylon and super-tough polyurethane coating on one side for water resistance. Thepadded computer compartment will hold up to a 15" lap top and is designed tokeep it safe, but this versatile travel companion can hold a whole lot more. Twosets of interior organizer pockets help keep everything you need at yourfingertips. Measuring 16.25" w x 12" h x 5.75" d, this solid unit features adurable, PVC bottom; an adjustable, padded shoulder strap with a guided releasebutton; a padded handle; superior stitching; and reflective accents. Carry theJoomla! embroidered logo proudly on this Laptop Messenger Bag.