- Category: Project Release News
- Created on Monday, 28 July 2008 08:15
The Joomla! community is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Joomla! 1.5.5 [Mamni]. This is a quick turnaround release to address the Duplicate Title error from 1.5.4 . This release also contains important SEF URL improvements and fixes for com_content in addition to a number of bug fixes and improvements. It has been nearly three weeks since Joomla! 1.5.4 was released on July 8, 2008. The Development Working Group 's goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla! community.
- Fix Duplicate Titles Bug
- SEF URL improvements and fixes for com_content
- Fixed error restricting Search to Article content, only
- Archived Articles now link correctly with SEF URLs
- Category Blog pagination and Link List corrected
- Category List Menu Item and Frontend now allow List length selection
- Fixed Contact Item Bad Word parameter that prevented email
- Private Messaging Search now returns results
- SWF Banner correction allowing definition of dimensions
- Improved 403 reporting for Submit Article and Web link permission issues
- "Register to Read More" fixes for Newsflash
- Page Break and Read More fixes
- JA Purity Hornav position, login token code, and language string fixes
- BEEZ fieldset alignments for Search and Read More link corrections
- Installer fixes for updates to Components and Modules
- mosmsg now used by 1.0.x extensions
- Category: General News
- Created on Monday, 14 July 2008 12:03
July 14, 2008 marks the beginning of year three of Packt's friendly competition between world class free software communities for who earns bragging rights to the much coveted 2008 Best Overall Open Source CMS. Not only is this recognition a great way to encourage, support, and reward the incredible efforts of free software communities, but, there is also a nice cash award shared with those projects fortunate enough to win.
The time for the Joomla! community to act is now!
Head over to Packt and nominate Joomla! for the Best Overall Open Source CMS Award and for the Best PHP Open Source CMS. While you are there, check out the new Open Source CMS Most Valuable Player award. Nominate someone who has worked hard to make Joomla! better and has made it easier and more fun for others to get involved.
Help get the word out. Fire up those blogs. Post it on forums. Share it in your newsletters. E-mail your friends. Activate your RSS feeds because nominations begin today and continue until August 25th, 2008. Let's bring home the Best Overall Open Source CMS award for Joomla! in 2008!
Show your support by voting for Joomla! today!
- Category: Project Release News
- Created on Monday, 07 July 2008 17:39
The Joomla! community is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Joomla! 1.5.4 [Naiki]. This is a normal maintenance release which includes a few low to moderate security issues, many bug fixes, and several very nice improvements. It has been a little over ten weeks since Joomla! 1.5.3 was released on April 24, 2008. The Development Working Group's goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla! community containing the latest bug fixes and minor enhancements.
- Major Cache overhaul, including unit testing for quality assurance
- Router issues related to extending the router
- Menu ordering issues when nested menus were used
- Several Search component fixes, including the removal of HTML tags as possible search results
- Menu permissions issues
- Unpublished menu item issues, including fatal errors and allowing an unpublished menu item to be selected as default
- Banners can handle Flash items
- Polls and Latest and Most Popular articles listed in the Administrator now support GMT dates
- Page titles now follow more consistent rules (see Page Title Parameters for more information)
- Several OpenID improvements
- LDAP security fix to prevent unauthorized access to administration
- Added security to file caching to prevent unauthorized access to cached pages
- User Redirect Spam fix
- htaccess global variable security fix when SEF is enabled (See .htaccess Security Fix)
- OnBeforeContentSave and onAfterContentSave Event Triggers added (See
Content Trigger Additions for more
- Ability to abort a save by returning false in the onBeforeContentSave trigger
- Added JA_Purity template (See JA_Purity Template for more information)
- Help screens updated (See Help Screens for more information)
- Supports installing site and admin languages in one package (See Language Installation Improvements for more information)
- All line endings changed to \n instead of a mix of \r\n and \n